Friday 30 April 2010

Shiny is Good

With nice shiny hull and other re-painted bits I set out from Caggy's at 9.15am with fine weather promised until at least midday. How long would a scratch-free boat last? My answer, in the shape of Factory Locks, was not long arriving!
"If you want a scratch-free boat." said the man at Caggy's, "don't move it!"
I reached the top of the 21 at Wolverhampton at 11.45am, just as the first drops of rain disturbed the surface of the water. Time for an early lunch.
So I started off down the 21 at 12.20pm, leading a procession of others until No.15, where another boat set-off from a lunch-time break in the pound before 16. Nevertheless, I reached Aldersley at 3.45pm - somewhat like a drowned rat. A left turn here and a break in the rain saw me arriving at Compton just before 5.00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment