Tuesday 6 April 2010

Day the Third

Left Kinver mooring about 9.00am and pottered down to Whittington Horse Bridge to wind - this seems to be a new winding hole - very pretty - goes right into someone's garden!
Then back to Kinver and on to Stourton to turn onto the Stourbridge Canal. We decided to turn into the Stourbridge Town Arm and see if we could get a mooring somewhere near easy road access.
Fortunately there was an unoccupied space inside the private mooring area, and we got permission to stay the night.
I stripped off the alternator and David came and picked me up to take me to an alternator repair facility at - wait for it - Wombourne!
Whilst I was away, Gwyneth wandered into Stourbridge for supplies. The re-conditioned alternator was ready after a couple of hours and David brought me back to Stourbridge where I was soon able to fit it and restore charging facilities for the batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment